San Diego, CA 92101
Salary: $65,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
We are a mid-size PR and Marketing firm here in downtown San Diego. We are looking for the right fit to help build our Investor Relations services. We need someone with a finance background who has an interest in public and emerging markets with an emphasis in media.
- Edit or draft frameworks of financial press releases and other related documentation
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for tracking analyst consensus information for client companies
- Coordinate other IR-related meetings and conferences;
- Begin to develop relationships with associate analysts and other investment professionals
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics; identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussion to inform our team and executives on emerging trends
- Develop and assist in the creation of messages and materials for the investment community, including press releases, conference call scripts, Q&A prep, road show presentation
- Work with management to develop communication strategies for the company’s financial results, operations and business strategy to current and prospective shareholders
- Play a key role in client’s investor relations programs to achieve the company’s corporate and strategic goals within the investor community
- Draft press releases, quarterly results releases, scripts, IR presentation decks and Board discussion materials
- Participate in the delivery of corporate communication while developing and maintaining strong relationships within the investment community
- Capable of drafting press release copy that informs shareholders of publicly traded companies
- Drafting highly technical copy, including financial and pharma copy, researching competitors
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or finance.
- Certified Financial Analyst – CFA Preferred
- Interest in publicly traded companies, stocks, finance, investments
- 1-3 years of investor relations experience
- Experience in professional press release and content writing
- Flexibility to embrace change in a rapidly growing organization
- Driven toward continual improvement
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in dealing with investors a plus
- Exposure to the private equity industry a plus
- Team player, comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Google aps tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office programs
The preferred candidate must be able to work independently and is a self-starter, attention-to-detail oriented, and understands deadlines and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your resume, social media links, portfolio if available, and cover letter.
Please research our company and work before applying.