Salary: $30.00 to $50.00 /hour
SUMMARY CMW Media is a fast-growing, full-service Public Relations firm specializing in innovative businesses in a wide range of industries including publicly traded companies and emerging markets including the cannabis industry. CMW Media is looking to add a Pitching Contractor to lead our Canadian efforts and assist with pitching our many campaigns to national and local media for pick-ups. The ideal candidate is passionate about public relations, and is passionate about delivering for our clients every time.
- Pitching the news media and execution of successful PR campaigns; securing placement
- Coordinate professional pitches and blast to relevant media using personal and CMW Media’s network of contacts with the goal of securing placement.
- Develop network of “friendly” media willing to place campaigns and pick up stories.
- Submit full reports of each campaign in order to evaluate success.
- Continual follow-ups with potential media hits. Not afraid to chase the hit
- Able to work on several projects at once and capable of identifying top-priority projects
- Research the technical properties of clients’ products
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner
- Work within tight deadlines, and hit them every time
- Check copy for spelling and grammar errors
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of media relations and pitching with track record of success
- A strong “rolodex” of journalists, influencers, and media decision makers
- Flexibility to embrace change in a rapidly growing organization
- Driven toward continual improvement
- Team player, comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Google aps tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working with creative people and agencies (preferred)
- This is a Contract position