San Diego, CA 92101
Salary: $39,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
CMW Media is a fast-growing, full-service Public Relations & Media firm specializing in innovative businesses in a wide range of industries including publicly traded companies and emerging markets, including the cannabis industry. CMW Media is looking to add a Graphic Designer to our team to assist with creative & marketing projects for multiple clients. The ideal candidate is passionate about design and is passionate about delivering for our clients every time.
You will be responsible for effectively implementing brand guidelines and creating versatile design solutions for multiple clients. You must have a flair for generating good ideas and be able to produce high-end creative designs. Good communication skills are essential, as you will be expected to convey concepts and ideas effectively as well as providing continuous direction to individual Developers, Content Writers and fellow Designers. You must have meticulous attention to detail, the ability to view your designs through the eyes of the user, as well as an overall critical design eye to ensure that a consistent standard is upheld throughout the project.
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, websites, packaging, labels, and more.
- Managing client proposals from typesetting to design, print and production
- Work alongside the Sales department to provide creative support on pitches for prospective clients.
- Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
- Brief and advise Developers and Content Writers about your designs during the course of the project, ensuring consistency is kept.
- Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality
- Be answerable to the Managers of a project
SKILLS & QUALITIES
As well as being extremely driven and having a desire to grow your skills and career, the ideal Designer will:
- Be educated – preferably to degree level or an equivalent qualification in design
- Have experience in a commercial environment, working in the design industry, reporting your progress to the designated project manager
- Have the ability to manage your time and prioritize your workload with confidence and efficiency
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS
- After Effects
- Knowledge of website design/UI/UX
- Good Photo Editing Skills
- 3-5 years graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design preferred
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-end digital design skills