San Diego, CA 92101
Video Production Internship
CMW Media is a fast-growing, full-service Public Relations and Multimedia firm. Specializing in innovative businesses in a wide range of industries, including publicly traded companies and emerging markets. CMW Media is looking to add a Video Production/ Photography Intern to its growing internship program. Showcase your abilities and creative design for an array of clients in the natural products industry including documentary and promotional projects. Our team of highly creative production artists provide valuable input, unique ideas, and streamline concepts, to help make CMW’s projects come to life. Production interns will work with creative team members to compose engaging and important multimedia projects, all while learning valuable production techniques and streamline workflow habits, in an agency environment.
INTERNSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Assisting with shooting live Events & Trade Shows, Documentary production, Marketing videos, Media Training, Promos, etc.
- Assisting with photography projects in studio and on location
- Helping with post production assignments
- Assembling, preparing, and setting up equipment prior to filming, which may include tripods, monitors, lighting, cables, audio, etc.
- Finding solutions to technical or other practical problems
- Being prepared to innovate and experiment with ideas
- Working quickly and efficiently, as to meet strict deadlines
- Keeping up to date with filming methods, photography techniques, and equipment
- Cleaning, organizing, and maintaining equipment
SKILLS & QUALITIES
As well as being extremely driven and having a desire to develop your skill set and grow with this successful company, the ideal Video Production/ photography Intern will have the following:
- Familiarization with Adobe Suite programs such as: Premier Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Demonstrated proficiency in shooting, lighting, and audio
- Experience in video/ photo editing and post production workflow
- Contribute new ideas, techniques, and feedback
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully, quality control is key
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Professional demeanor with high degree of comfort speaking with internal clients
- Strong leadership abilities, with a passionate attitude towards promoting clients
- Working knowledge of video shooting and editing techniques
- Passion for video production
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Must be able to take initiative to complete tasks and projects.
- Must maintain a professional attitude at all times and be able to handle changes in a fast-moving environment.
- Previous video production/ photography experience a plus.
- Availability to work 15-20hrs per week during the normal work week (M-F, 9-5)
The preferred candidate must be able to work independently; is a self-starter, detail oriented, understands deadlines, and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
The internship is UNPAIDand will last for approximately 3 months, after which interns will be invited to interview for a paid position within the company although no such position is guaranteed and is based on availability and internship performance. School credit is available in certain circumstances upon approval from the education institution.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your resume, any video portfolio projects and a cover letter.