San Diego, CA 92101
Graphic Design Intern
CMW Media is a fast-growing, full-service Public Relations and Media firm specializing in innovative businesses in emerging markets. We are looking for creative and talented graphic design interns to learn in a fast-paced real world agency environment! Showcase your abilities and design for an array of clients in the natural products industry including marketing materials, promotional items, advertisements, brochures, flyers and website graphics. Our team of highly creative designers provide valuable input, ideas, and concepts for the overall design direction for various projects. Design interns work with creative team members to create engaging and impressive creative projects while learning valuable design skills.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office including Outlook and MAC/PC Platform.
- Working knowledge of design techniques and print production.
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop CC.
- Must be able to take initiative to complete tasks and projects.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must maintain professional attitude at all times and be able to handle changes in a fast-moving environment.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a group environment.
- Must have an understanding of the role graphic design plays in the marketing and promotional process.
- Previous graphic design experience a plus.
- Availability to work 15-20hrs per week during the normal work week (M-F, 9-5)
The preferred candidate must be able to work independently and is a self-starter, attention-to-detail oriented, and understands deadlines and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
The internship is UNPAID and will last for approximately 3 months, after which interns will be invited to interview for a paid position within the company although no such position is guaranteed and is based on availability and internship performance. School credit is available in certain circumstances upon approval from the education institution.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your resume, portfolio and cover letter.