CMW Media is a fast-growing, full-service Public Relations firm specializing in innovative businesses in a wide range of industries including publicly traded companies, emerging markets and the cannabis industry. CMW Media is looking to add an experienced Public Relations Director to manage our PR team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic problem-solver who is passionate about public relations and media placement, has a willingness to learn or grow their knowledge of the cannabis industry, and is passionate about delivering for our clients every time.
- Managing multiple PR account managers as well as manage high-level accounts.
- Managing multiple PR firms in foreign countries; managing multiple campaigns in foreign countries.
- Oversee drafting and release of all client PRs.
- Able to construct PR campaigns from beginning to end, both events and campaigns.
- Oversees the production and hours of all PR contractors and sending reports.
- Reporting on department profitability and making recommendations to increase
- Help establish and carry out departmental and organizational goals, policies and procedures.
- Secure media placement consistently to meet CMW’s high quality of service standard.
- Manage general activities related to providing services to CMW Media’s PR clients.
- Innovate by applying new technologies in the workplace.
- Consult with executives and staff about operations; recommend improvements and streamline day-to-day procedures.
- Identify places to cut costs and to improve performance, policies and programs.
- Self-starter, able to circumvent roadblocks quickly with minimal supervision and put new procedures in place.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging work environment at a rapidly developing company.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years in Press Relations management role with track record of success with media placement as well as managing others.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. The PR Director is the final step before publication
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong managerial and organizational skills
- Flexibility to embrace change in a rapidly growing organization
- Curious and driven toward continual improvement
- Experience with technical tools, including Cision, Globe Newswire, and other PR software systems.
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Google aps tools; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with creative people and agencies (preferred)