San Diego, CA 92101
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
CMW Media is a fast-growing, full-service Public Relations firm specializing in innovative businesses in a wide range of industries including publicly traded companies and emerging markets such as Cannabis. CMW Media is looking to add a Public Relations Assistant to its growing team to assist the PR Account Managers. The ideal candidate is passionate about the public relations industry, is an exceptional writer and stickler for grammar/spelling and has a knack for keeping up on media and communications trends.
The Public Relations Account Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the following areas:
- Writing and/or editing copy for press releases for multiple clients, working with Account Managers and clients to obtain the necessary information
- Updating media clippings for company and clientele
- Media tracking
- Spreadsheet maintenance, including news pickups spreadsheet
- Continually improving communications with clients for press release requests and the drafting process
- Maintaining all client data in Google Drive including press release boiler plates, contact info and press kits
- Managing resources on the CMW Media team, including video assets, product photos and graphic design elements
- Checking copy for spelling and grammar errors
- Pitching media for various clientele
- Working within tight deadlines, and hitting them every time
- Organization of media-related events including but not limited to press conferences, media luncheons, interviews, meet and greets, etc.
- Daily office duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MUST have previous writing experience, public relations-related
- Agency experience (including internships) HIGHLY preferred
- 1-3 years of press release or content writing experience
- Flexibility to embrace change in a rapidly growing organization
- Driven toward continual improvement
- Team player, comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Google apps
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office programs
The preferred candidate must be able to work independently and is a self-starter, attention-to-detail oriented, and understands deadlines and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your resume, social media links, portfolio if available, and cover letter. Please research our company and work before applying.